Monday, June 30, 2008

.....a business of party planning?

don't know if I could swing it as a business but I do enjoy planning a party! some special touches for my sister's baby shower...
The invites....Cheryl has an obsession with the old school Pram! I think she owns 4 vintage peg perego prams! So I asked my friend Helen, who is an awesome illustrator and creates some very cute stationery, to design Cheryl's invites and they were so cute! this is how I received them in the mail from Helen



not a big fan of games so I tried a couple that were less traditional, everyone had a lot of fun with don't say baby and we recycled the clothespins to hang art work in the baby's room.....

oh yeah...check out my hostess cake! My sister cheryl doesn't like cake, she likes snacks. We grew up with a well stocked junk food cabinet that most of our friends still talk about today. There was always a twinkie and some ring dings available so I made cheryl an old school snack cake. It came out awesome! better than I expected...I topped it off with a pregnant woman "tipping" the scale saying "oops". She loved it, a big hit!



sewed up some prefab doilies from AC Moore to make our peonies feel extra special


My mom crocheted 50 of these butterflies which we hot glued some magnets onto and created a thank you/favor card. Crazy, right? I love it!

grew tired of the old clothesline trick, so we decided on a toy chest that matched the baby furniture, kids coat rack from Land Of Nod and a hamper to put her bedding and some ridiculously cute clothing! can you see that tutu? amazing! the hangers are pretty awesome as well!

3 comments:

Virginia Janet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
comfies said...

that's the prettiest baby shower i've ever seen. xox...

Jeanine said...

thank you D!
xo